We aren't quite sure why we are doing this - probably because we see so many other's cute blogs and want to be part of the cool crowd! We know we have some large shoes to fill, so please just keep your expectations low!
We were talking about the game 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' and I said, "I passed 5th grade, so I hope I am smarter than a 5th grader". Lauryn thought about this for a second and then said, "Dad definitely is smarter than a 5th grader but Mom, I'm not so sure about you."
-Sept 2010
At church, they had the girls answer questions about their mom for Mothers Day. When they asked Brinn "I think my mom looks like...." she answered, "grandma". The next question: "I wish she would...." "Look like me".
-May 2010
While at the ward Christmas party, someone asked, "What's for dinner?" Brinn blurted out - "It smells like dead pig!" They were serving ham.
- December 2009
Brinn was trying to climb on my lap and I told her my belly was getting too big due to the baby growing. She then said, "Mom, maybe you should try a body shaper."
- November 2009
Lauryn's cousin was telling her that he went to the end of a rainbow and was disappointed that there was no pot of gold. She replied: "It must have been at the other end!"
-July 2009
Brinn was putting her legs behind her head and said, "Look Mom! I have very talented legs, don't I"
--June 2009
I was walking Brinn to preschool one day and she said, "I don't want to go to school today. I don't like it."
"Yes you do" I said, "you love school!"
She then sarcastically replied, "Mom, does it look like I have a smile on my face?"
-March 2009
Brinn came up to me, gave me a big hug and said very kindly "Mom, you are an expert at everything!"
"Oh, isn't she sweet" I thought. Without pausing she followed with: "You are even an expert at mean".
-February 2009
Cameron was trying to pay me a compliment and said to the kids "Do you know you have the cutest mom?"
Silence.
Cameron: "How come I don't hear 'Yes - she is'!"
Lauryn: "Because I didn't know that."
- January 2009
Brinn was pounding on the piano and said, "Mom, come listen to my new song. It's called Miserable Happiness" -December 2008
Cameron: "What did you learn in nursery today?"
Brinn: "I can't tell you - we talked about secret stuff."
Cameron: "Oooh, what kind of secret stuff?"
Brinn: (said with every ounce of attitude she has - which is a lot!) "I wont tell you Dad. Now I know something you don't!"-November 2008
Lauryn: "I don't believe in ghosts, no way! And I don't believe in witches, No, No, No. But I sure believe in pumpkins!" -October 2008
We were shopping and I put something in the cart. Brinn got all excited and exclaimed, "I've always wanted one of those! ...... I think".- August 2008
Lauryn was watching Little House on the Prairie and asked "Mom, I thought you said this was a pioneer show."
"It is." I replied.
"Then why is that guy wearing clothes that look like Dads?!"
(Sorry Cam - it might be time for a new look! :D)
-April 2008
I asked Brinn where she lived before she lived with our family. Her reply: "Probably Costco"
-April 2008
While camping Brinn was loving holding and playing with the caterpillars. After a while, one finally bit her. She walked over to my sister and said, "Would you like to hold him? He's not worthy of me anymore!"
-May 2008
Brinn had just passed gas at the dinner table and Cameron asked her what she was doing. Her reply: "Bum-bum talking."
3 comments:
I'm so excited to see your blog! (I got the link from Julie's.) I'll be looking forward to some posts.
Cute family picture!
Jerri! I just started this process myself! Darling family pic. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment