Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Lauryn!

After weeks of count downs and extensive planning on her part, it is official- Lauryn is finally 6! We had a great day helping her celebrate and hope that her day went as well as she had hoped!
She began the day with the traditional opening of the gifts.  Her favorite present ended up being something that wasn't on her list: a scrapbook kit.  Sometimes mom knows best....  ;-)
Instead of friend party, she invited her 'frousin' as they call each other (friend + cousin) Livvy to spend they day in Park City.  We had a great time eating pizza and then we hopped on the chair lift to take a ride down the alpine slide.
And we're off! ....... However, "these things don't go fast enough, Mom!"
Brinn really wanted to try out rock climbing for the first time.  She was so excited and sure talked a big game ..... but never made it to the top because she decided it was more fun coming down!  
Lauryn and Livvy wanted to try out the special trampolines ( I don't know the official names of these things - sorry).  After a 45 minute wait in line, we were worried that the experience wouldn't be worth the wait, but they both LOVED it and talked about it all the way home!
Back at the house we had the family over for her favorite dinner: tortellini, garlic bread, caesar salad, and orange banana salad, followed with a giant serving of carrot cake and cookie dough ice cream! And of course more presents.  
At the end of the day she said her 6th birthday was great and has already started planning the next (366 days and counting!)   Thanks everyone for the many birthday wishes and your love!

Happy Birthday Lauryn!  You are such a sweet, fun, and happy girl and it is truly a pleasure to be your mom!  I LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

I second that! I love you, too, Lauryn, and can't wait for your birthday sleepover!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the pictures!!! Thanks so much for sharing! We love you too Lauryn. Happy, Happy Birthday!! Glad your day was perfect.

Elise and Dan said...

Sounds like she had a GREAT day! I think she needs to plan my next Birthday! =) I can't believe she is such a big girl now! 6? I can't believe it! Did she get our beautiful birthday song last night? At first I wasn't sure I called the right number! Happy Birthday Lauryn!

Julie said...

Oh I am so happy you put those up!! We were so sad last night when we just here all alone and you were there partying!!
Happy Birthday Lauryn!!

Mamarazzi said...

i can't belive she is SIX. it seems like just yesterday we were all living in Morgan Hill and having our kidless FHE's...crazy how time flies and how things change...good changes.