Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Fun

I just realized that summer is almost over!  So sad! 
Here are a few pictures of our favorite summer memories so far...

Brinn was loving collecting and holding these caterpillars while camping.  Shortly after this picture was taken, the caterpillar had had enough and bit her.  She then walked over to my sister and asked, "Would you like to hold him?  He's not worthy of me anymore"!

Lauryn has been taking piano lessons since about January and was so thrilled to be in her first recital.  She did great (no mistakes!) and received the award for the most "prefect songs" during the year!

In June, Lauryn had her dance recital.  She looks so cute in her ballerina costume!  She is a great performer and it was so much fun to watch her.

What would summer be without swimming? (and its even better when Dad is around so mom doesn't have to swim :D )  The girls loved their swimming lessons - Lauryn can pretty much swim across the pool, and Brinn wishes she could.  They both love the water, especially the diving board.  They both learned to do flips off the board, granted not gracefully, but they did it!

And no summer is complete without Girls Camp.  Camping is not my most favorite thing, but with these girls it is a lot of fun.  And dirty. But mostly fun.  We have a great bunch of young women (there a quite a few missing in this picture) and wonderful leaders.  I love the opportunity that girls camp provides to get to the know the girls better.  They are amazing!

There are still 2 weeks left until school starts - we had better get busy!  California, here we come!

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

SO fun!! i love the pic of Brinn and the caterpillar!! and what she said to your sister PRICELESS!! (aren't you glad you blog so that you have that recorded somewhere?)

That dress Lauryn has on at her recital is precious, so colorful and pretty!

what fun girls you have! and you working w/ YW...that is most def the place for you!! Jordan went to girls camp this year for the first time (she should have gone last year but we had just moved here and she was nervous to go). She had the "time of her life". SO AWESOME!

what part of california will you be visiting?! ;) any chance we might see you?!

Julie said...

I am so excited that you are starting to blog more!! Oh and you forgot to say Arizona here we come! It's ok I am sure it was an honest mistake..I'll forgive you this once!
I was just laughing about the caterpillar not being worthy of Brinn. Sometimes I wish I could just be in her mind for a little bit.

Elise and Dan said...

Brinn is THE funniest little squirt!! She comes up with some pretty funny stuff! Maybe she will do stand up someday and make you some good money! =)

Lauryn is getting so old! She looks so adorable in her dance outfit! And no mistakes on the piano? That is awesome!!

Thanks for blogging! I love seeing the pictures of the girls. they just grow up way too fast!