We had a great Christmas!

Our Christmas Eve started out great with a few runs on the sleds and tubes. We are fortunate to have a great hill right behind our house (you are welcome any time). We were even more fortunate to have Grandma, Grandpa, and most of the aunts, uncles, and cousins join us! They built a jump and everyone took a turn flying off it, and a few even landed back in their sled!

This year we made Brinn walk up the hill all by herself. She was a great sport and only complained when she lost hold of the tube she was pulling up and it slid all the way back down the hill. I would have complained too...

Back to the house for hot chocolate and cookies of course! From there we went out to dinner (a Christmas Eve tradition) and then back to my parents house for dessert, games, and more family traditions. It was great fun, but you will have to take my word for it because I forgot the camera (I think
that is quickly becoming a tradition too).

After checking the computer for Santa's whereabouts and setting out cookies and milk, the girls were ready for bed. They insisted on wearing the same pajamas they wore last year on Christmas Eve. I have no idea why. They even had new Christmas jammies to wear... crazy kids! They were so excited and tired!

We woke up Christmas morning to this view - pretty, no? Only you can't see the 50 mph wind gusts and the fact that the snow was falling sideways. Even though it was a blizzard, it was beautiful and it is
always great to get snow on Christmas Day.

I was too worried about the video camera, so the digital camera didn't get pulled out until after the present opening madness. But Santa treated us all well. We must have been
really good! :D
See that green present Brinn is holding? She refused to open it. She said, "It looks too pretty. The bow is so beautiful!" She carried it around all morning (you can see she ate breakfast with it). Finally mid-afternoon her curiosity got the best of her and she gave in. It was quite funny that she picked that present as the "pretty one". It was wrapped in green paper with one of those cheap sticky red bows - not quite my idea of a pretty present, but I guess it struck something in her. Luckily, I have green wrapping paper and lots of those bows left over for her birthday!

It was an early morning for someone! I guess there was no other place to rest...

In this mess, I think the coffee table was a good choice!
After we got everything cleaned up, (including ourselves) we headed over to my parents house once again for dinner, games, and that's right - more traditions. And, you guessed it - I forgot the camera. Again.
We had a wonderful Christmas filled with great memories, and hope yours was the same!
4 comments:
Fun pictures! (I love the one of Brinn asleep on the coffee table.)
Such cute pictures. I can't believe what a storm you all got. Last year it snowed a TON on Christmas in CO. It was perfect! Brinn asleep on the coffee table is priceless! haha!
How did I notice Brinn's hat that day!!!! I love it!
It looks like you had a great Christmas! We missed you though. Brinn is such a little character--carrying that present around and falling asleep on the table--haha! She's too funny! Cute post!
Post a Comment