Sunday, August 24, 2008

California Dreamin'

We just returned from a last minute, last summer fling in sunny Southern California and we had a blast!  The weather was perfect (mid 80's and clear), Disneyland wasn't too crowded, and the beach was beautiful!  It was hard to come home!  We have SO many pictures (don't worry, I wont post them all) but I do feel the need to share... so here is a little taste of our wonderful week...

The iconic family picture at Disneyland.  No trip would be complete without it.

Here we are on the train.  I have never been a fan of this ride until this trip.  This was day 2 at Disney and I was pooped!  In fact, I made everyone stay on the train (so we went around the park twice) so I could take a little power nap.  Now I see that train ride in a whole new light! Oh, and thanks for your shoulder Cam :D

Papa gave each of the kids $2.oo to spend on whatever they wanted at the park, and they decided very early that they wanted cotton candy and popcorn to eat while they watched the parade and fireworks.  We had a hard time finding either of them, and they were SO excited when they saw a cart with cotton candy on it right before the parade started (I wish I would have had my camera ready for that) and once they had it... life was perfect!

After helping Nana get her classroom put together, we headed for the beach on Friday.  Aahhh, the beach... do I have to say anything else?

We all had a great time: the kids loved playing in the sand and water, finding sand crabs and seashells; I loved just chilling on the beach and playing with the kids, and Cameron spent most of his time in the water body surfing - a true California boy!  Cameron's mom was nice enough to come with us and even though she got wet, she claimed she had a nice time too!

It is weeks like that one that leave me asking the question "Why did we move again?" - Oh yes, I remember, but all 4 of us will be dreaming of California for at least a few more weeks.

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

yeah why did you leave california? i miss you guys!

looks like it was a GREAT trip!

Elise and Dan said...

You just made me miss California even more! It looks like you guys had a nice relaxing time. What's better to do in CA than D-land and the beach? Aaahhh so nice! The girls looks so happy!

Jordan said...

80 degrees!!!!! 80 degrees!!!!! What does that even feel like??! We were just getting excited that it is going to be 103 here! Oh I am beyond jealous!