Last Tuesday, Lauryn finally got to start school. She had been waiting all summer to start up again - and I, on the other hand, had been dreading that day for even longer .... My baby would be going off to the big, bad, worldly school ALL day, (and to a new school for the accelerated program so she doesn't know anyone at all). What if she doesn't make friends? What if she has no one to play with at recess? Will she get her lunch OK? What if someone is mean to her? (What if she is mean to someone?!) What if someone teaches her bad words? How am I supposed to entertain Brinn all day long? :P And the list went on.... Every time I would even think about it I would tear up and so I was sure that when the time came to say goodbye I would cry, but thanks to some traffic and a full parking lot, there was no time to think about the situation and we both hurried off without any tears.
At the end of the day, of course, she had a great day, got her lunch just fine, made a few friends, and so far no bad words!
Here's to a great first grade year!


3 comments:
Your blog totally made me laugh...I know I'm going to feel the same way. Good thing I have a 6 years to prepare:) Lauryn you look absoutely beautiful in your new back to school outfit...love the back pack too:) Jeri, your plants/flowers look amazing!
Oh my goodness is Lauryn getting big or what?!? I know she will do great in first grade. She is such a sweet & outgoing little girl! I'm also worried about who will entertain Mason when Abree hits all day school!
I'm glad that you figured out how to get back to blogging and uploading pics! Glad it didn't last too long!
i cannot belive she is in the first grade already...like wow!
she is darling with her cute little outfit on your perfect porch.
i had to laugh at the bad words...funny story.
when my sister was in the first grade she ran home from school crying...she really ran, we could barely keep up with her and she was sobbing. it took forever for my mom, who heard screaming her 3 houses from home, to get her to tell her what was wrong. once she finally calmed her down she said, "all day long we had to say F-words, all day, our teacher MADE us do it, i didnt WANT to do it but our teacher MADE us." my mom asked her what the "f-words" were, and through my sister's sobs she said, "f-f-f-frog and f-f-f-fast and f-f-f-fun, and mom i didn't want to say the F words, but we HAD to. i am so sorry mom."
now whenever someone says "f-word" we all pretty much pee ourselves laughing...poor kid huh?
Post a Comment