Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lake Powell


My favorite family vacations growing up were our week long trips to Lake Powell and I have always wanted to take Cameron and the girls there.  Only one problem: we don't have a boat and without one, Powell would totally stink.  Well, thankfully, my sister and her family (who have a boat) invited us to spend the weekend with them there.  
We had so much fun wake boarding, skiing, tubing, soaking up the sun, and being with family. Both girls learned to water ski, Lauryn loved it and was able to stay up for quite a few seconds.  Brinn was up for just a few seconds, fell, and refused to try again, but I was quite surprised that she tried at all. (The video of them skiing is great!)  I was so proud of them both for trying something new (and kind of scary!) 
 The days went by way too fast - I could have used a couple of more days there - but when all was said and done, Lake Powell was just as great as I remembered it as a teenager.  Thanks for the invite Jamie and Joel!  We all loved it!  Cameron is saying next year is his year for a boat... shall we plan for 2009??


6 comments:

Julie said...

I am beyond jealous! I can't believe Brinn tried to ski! Wow!
Can I come too in 2009...umm how about I bring the towels!

Mamarazzi said...

Good Times!!!

i love Lake Powell. my brother has a house boat there, lots of fun!!

Linda said...

I'm so glad Cameron liked Lake Powell as much as we all do! We'll be rooting for him to get a boat, too!

Stephanie said...

I think we should plan a family vacation with a house boat...that would be SO fun!!! I'm going to check into it.

I am so proud of Lauryn and Brinn! Good job ladies!!

XO

Derek and Jannette said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I haven't been to Lake Powell in Years.

Elise and Dan said...

That looks like so much fun! My favorite memories when I was younger are when we went to the river and went skiing and boating! We would always get mad at each other (cam, steph, and I) when our legs would touch one anothers and start to sweat! My dad would turn the AC off in the Blazer, so it wouldn't overheat when he was pulling the boat. Fun times!