Monday, September 8, 2008

Brinn's Big Day

Every day last year, Brinn would put on her backpack and walk with Lauryn to and from school. She desperately wanted to be in school too.  Well, her big day finally came last week - her first day of preschool! 


She has been practicing and practicing all summer to write her name.  She is quite proud of herself.  Every time she writes her name, she goes and gets a piece of tape and hangs the paper on the office door.  We have a lot of these papers on that door!  I love it!
Her report from her first day: She was pleased that her teacher was impressed she could write her name, but not pleased that some girl took the bus she was playing with.  And someone colored on her paper, excuse me, not colored, "scribbled!" on her paper! (she is still talking about that one a week later).  But she said she couldn't wait to go back, and now she knows exactly what to say to a bus thief!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Cute! And are YOU enjoying your few hours of peace and quiet?

Elise and Dan said...

I love that silly little smile! So Brinn! Tell her I think she did a wonderful job on her name! Good girl Brinn!

Julie said...

Oh I am so excited to see her in just 2 weeks!!!
Maybe she will decide that the bus toy isn't worthy of her anymore and she will find a new one ;D