Nice title I know, and I don't really mean it. Well, the Happy Mothers Day part I do - not the moron part. I am NOT calling all the moms out there 'morons'. Promise. I am not really sure where it came from or why we say it, but everyone in my family has been saying that phrase every Mothers Day for years. (Oh, and you have to say it with a thick Boston accent). If anyone in the family would like to enlighten me about this tradition, please feel free.
Earlier this week, I was reading a blog of a mother of teens who was writing about some of the struggles she is facing raising her kids. My heart was breaking for her, she was trying so hard and seemed to be making no progress. It made me reflect on my own kids, and what a wonderful stage of motherhood I am in right now - Lauryn is so eager to help and learn, and she will talk and tell me everything. Brinn will still come snuggle in my lap, pick me flowers, and always has a smile and a kiss for me. They both are constantly making me cards and love notes or pictures drawn in my favorite colors. They are not embarrassed by me (yet!) and really want to be with me. They are so excited to surprise Cam and I, or please us in any way. They are trying so hard to be good. Tay will give me giant smiles whenever I go get him out of bed and the way he holds on to my fingers when I feed him melts my heart. I really am blessed beyond words. I don't want this stage to end! I don't know how much longer it will last, but I am going to try and enjoy every minute of it. Thank you squirrels for making me so happy - for making me a mom!


4 comments:
very sweet. YES enjoy this tme with your littles...it only lasts for a short time.
even though J is a teenager now she has just barely started to show a little snark and make us fearful of the harder years that i am sure are quickly approaching.
you are an awesome mama, i am glad that the day was special for you!
You really are at a perfect stage.....enjoy every minute of it! By the way, I think the "moron" phrase came when Jody was in Boston on Mother's Day and heard someone yell that? (She will have to enlighten us.)
Yes, I was in Boston one Mother's Day and heard a street vendor yell that to another person and we thought it was so funny we kept saying it the rest of the trip and I guess ever since then.
I'm glad you had a nice day and are appreciating motherhood now. Hopefully we all have nice teenagers.
LOL! Cute post, but umm where are the pictures????
Post a Comment