We had our traditional pumpkin soup dinner and doughnuts and then the countdown for trick-or-treating began.... the kids thought it would never come! We were so excited about the forecast for trick or treating - mid 50's!! This is California trick or treating weather! You would actually be able to see their costumes instead of being hidden behind a coat (or tired to put on over the coats) - this is a first for Utah and I was thrilled. But, literally, just as they walked out the door to go - it starting raining!! So on went the raincoats and up went the umbrellas. I was totally bummed, but they didn't seem to mind and they were still so excited and happy the entire time. Their trick-or-treating was cut a little short, which I was fine with because it means less candy for them (and less candy for me to sneak out of their pumpkins! What!? I would never do that!) :D
Grandma and Grandpa came over to see the kids and stayed after they were in bed for a game night (and more doughnuts, of course). We learned that my mom has been the secret expert on the card game "Spades" all this time - who knew she has a fail proof strategy!! Funny! (I guess you had to be there)...
So, when all was said and done it was a great Halloween night. Still, I am glad it is over!


6 comments:
Oh my goodness I love their costumes! So cute!!
Their costumes are sooo cute!! Did you make those? Abree and Mason wore their costumes the whole week before, and would practice trick or treating. Halloween is not our favorite holiday either. Thank goodness for kids to help us keep our sense of humor!
They look so ADORABLE!!! I LOVE Lauryn's costume...it's so original. I love how she is totally working it in the picture..lol!
It doesn't look like you don't like Halloween...your porch is darling! You are so creative.
the girls are adorable! i am loving that little witch costume..so cute!!
My strategy usually always works! (except it was hearts we were playing, not spades;)
Jeri - Brinn actually looks older to me in this picture. I swear that girl doesn't age but maybe she is finally started to change! She is such a cutie it doesn't matter either way. Cute candy corn also.
Post a Comment