2. Parades make me cry. Not the kind of parades at Disneyland. The hometown holiday parades. The smaller the parade, the more emotional I get. I have tried to figure out why, but I can't pin it down. When I really think about it, parades are quite corny and lame - but there is something there that makes me tear up. I have no idea what ...
3. I hate to cook, but I love dishes, serving pieces, and table-scapes. I own four sets of everyday dishes that I switch out with the seasons, and I am always coveting more. I am constantly thinking of how I can make the table look fabulous... unfortunately, I don't have the funds to support my dreams because you can never do the same table twice. And I am not just talking dishes and centerpieces here, they are much more involved than that. I have the Thanksgiving table all planned (if I were hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and if I had a couple thousand dollars to spend on it- which I have neither). All my dreams usually stay in my head. And I guess it might be better that way since I never think about the food! Even with a gorgeous table, it is one lame party without food.
4. I cannot handle fake plants and flowers in my house. I do have a few out of necessity, but they drive me nuts after about 2 weeks. They just look so.... FAKE! They always end up in a box in the basement. Give me the real stuff. I don't care if they die, they were REAL!
5. I usually remember my dreams every night - and they totally affect my mood the next day. If I wake up mad, Cameron will say, "What did I do in your dream last night? Whatever I did I am sorry!" He much prefers the good dreams - and so do I, of course.
6. I cannot go to bed in an unmade bed. If the bed didn't get made earlier in the day, I have to make it before I can climb in. All the sheets and blankets must be tight and crisp.
7. I hate repeating myself more than once. If you don't hear me the first time - OK - but if you don't hear me the second time - forget it. I guess you don't get to know what I said. (Cameron also loves this one).
8. I take a nap almost every day. I am so lucky, I know. Granted they are not long naps, usually 10 minutes is all I get, but I love it. My kids are so good to leave me alone during "Moms quick snoozer". And without fail, Cameron will call right in the middle of it. He has great timing!
9. I have to have something sweet after every meal. I am sure this is a learned quirk, but it is an intense one. A little piece of chocolate is best, but I am not that picky. Anything sweet will do. Therefore, there is always candy in my house, and every night my kids think they are getting "dessert'. I consider dessert to be cake, pie, ice cream, etc, but they consider the "necessary after meal sweet" to be dessert. We all win.
If you are still reading this, I am impressed and I sincerely hope I didn't freak you out too much with my quirks. If you never come back to visit, I understand. ;P And, I TAG YOU! Have fun!


4 comments:
love this one. i miss the 4th of July Parade that Morgan Hill had every year. actually i really miss Morgan Hill. good times!
i also collect dishes. BUT i loooove to cook...love it!
AND i take a nap everyday...more than 10 min...sometimes i get a full hour. but i don't sleep well most nights...hence this comment at almost 4 am...i can only seel a few hours at a time.
oh and...TAG! You're It. Come see, and Play! (pretty please). this is a fuuuuuuuuun one! i did like 3 or 4 tags so look for the one i tagged you for...and plaaaaay!!
Quirkiness must be inherited! I could have "dittoed" almost every one of your quirks: I am always cold, I cry at parades, I hate repeating myself, I love my 10 minute naps, and I have to have my sweets after every meal! I, too, hate to cook--but I'm a little lazier than you because I don't care that much about the table, either. And fake plants are okay because nothing real lives in my house!
Love the Quirks Jeri! Dan also hates to repeat things more than twice as well. I get sooo mad at him!! I also like a little sweet thing after each meal. I'm really trying hard to break that habit, because I'm not a size 0 like you are.
I love your quirks! I have so many that it was comforting to read someone elses:) I LOVE that you added the quotes from the girls...they are hilarious!! I started laughing outloud! I love the costco comment and the little house and the prarie comment! Haha..so funny!!
Post a Comment