Lauryn has had a loose tooth for about a month now. It was her first one and at first she was so excited until a friend at school told her it hurts and bleeds when you pull it. We have spent a month talking to people about their experiences, reading books, saying prayers, etc. and I thought she was prepared. She said she was ready. Brinn promised to hold her hand during the whole affair. So after brushing her teeth last night, the loose tooth was sitting almost perpendicular to the rest of her teeth, Brinn grabbed her hand and I pulled it! I was gentle, I promise. There was no tugging, it really just fell out. Minimal blood. And for a split second, when I told her it was out, she had a very excited look on her face. But instead of excitement and joy, I got screaming, crying, and drama. I could not figure out what was wrong. "Does it hurt?" "No." "Are you scared?" "No." "Are you sad?" "No." "What is wrong?" More crying. And this was not just from Lauryn - Brinn was just as hysterical! (I have some great video, but it wouldn't load ). I decided they were overly tired, put the tooth in the special tooth fairy pillow and tucked them into bed.
She went skipping off to school today in the best mood (she had to make sure she still had fairy dust on her face so she could show her friends) and is now looking forward to next tooth falling out. And Brinn is having me constantly check her for any loose teeth. She really wants to be next.
Oh, the magic power of fairies! (Or a good nights sleep) :D


5 comments:
How precious that you were able to get pictures of her first lost tooth! You are such a cute mother, fairy dust and all! (By the time you lost your first tooth, you were too old for all of that stuff!:)
awwww those pics are adorable. her face...poor little tired girlie!
we heart the tooth fairy here.
this summer i had my nephews for a week and the tooth fairy came after one of them lost a tooth. well the tooth fairy that comes to our house is diferent from the one who goes to their house...my house, my fairy...right? my tooth fairy is a HUGE glittery mess maker. those boys must have rolled around all night in the glitter she left behind. they couldn't wait to "wash it off in the pool".
the next week they were home and another lost a tooth...they were glad that things were "back to normal" with the fairy who doesn't make a mess and leaves paper money.
oh...there was silver in the tooth that was lost here so the fairy only gives silver money for silver teeth.
my 13 yr old is VERY young still and wants to B-E-L-I-E-V-E. SOooo i am ALL about keeping tha magic alive as long as possible.
so yea, we heart the tooth fairy.
Awwww poor Lauryn! And that stinkin' kid that probably brought this on (mingled with some exhaustion)! She would have been fine, if it hadn't been for him/her. That's just my opinion. Tell her we are so proud of her!
We have the worlds worst tooth fairy at our house - sometimes forgets to come for nights at a time. Any chance we could have you leave a note for your fairy to add our house to her route? :P Not a lot of work since we are almost out of teeth at this point....
Oh the look on her face just melts my heart! The anguish! Poor thing...it was traumatic! My tooth fairy never left any dust--Lauryn's got a good one!
XO!
Post a Comment